Meet Mr. Adam Harvey
We asked our teachers & staff a few questions so that you can get to know them better!
What is your role at St. Stephen the Martyr Catholic School?
7th & 8th Grade Social Studies Teacher
What year did you start working at St. Stephen?
Tell us about your education background & about your teaching/work experience.
- B.S. Outdoor Education, Georgia College
- Certification in Middle Grades Education, Georgia Southern University-Armstrong Campus
- M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction, Doane University
- Assumption-Guadalupe Catholic School - Middle School Science and Social Studies Brook Valley School - Worked with students with severe developmental delays
- During my summers off, I am the challenge course supervisor at YMCA Camp Kitaki. Summer 2021 marked 24 summers in camping, across several camps all over the U.S.
What do you love about your job?
It truly is a gift to share my passion for history with people I enjoy- the students!
Who is your favorite Saint or what is your favorite scripture?
Mary, Undoer of Knots. I promise, it's a thing. Hey, I have a background in ropes courses!
Tell us about your family (spouse, children, grandchildren, pets, etc.):
I met my wife, Sarah, 21 years ago while working at a summer camp in Pennsylvania. After marrying in 2005, we moved to Nebraska in 2007. Sarah is a K-6 PE teacher in the Conestoga School District in Murray, NE. We live at Beaver Lake with our three children: Elizabeth, 10th grade; Matthew, 8th grade; Abigail, 6th grade; and our dog, Jake (named after a recent quarterback for the Georgia Bulldogs).
When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
It changed a lot, but I knew I wanted to work with kids.
What is your favorite sweet treat?
Do you have any hidden talents or hobbies?
I can move my ears independently from the rest of my face. You can lob Dumbo jokes at me as much as you like. I've heard them all!
What’s your favorite thing to do on the weekends?
Coming soon- watching football!
What piece of advice would you give parents to help their child(ren) succeed at St. Stephen?
Be patient and supportive of your child's efforts. When kids get frustrated, they sometimes forget that the adults in their life are on their team, and want to see them succeed as much as they do. Remind them that you are their biggest fan!