Meet Mr. Terry Wenzl
We asked our teachers & staff a few questions so that you can get to know them better!
What is your role at St. Stephen the Martyr Catholic School?
5th-8th Grade Resource Teacher
What year did you start working at St. Stephen?
Tell us about your education background & about your teaching/work experience.
- M.S. in Special Education, University of Nebraska Omaha, Omaha, NE, 2017
- M.S. in Education: Curriculum and Instruction with Instructional Technology, Peru State College, Peru, NE, 2005
- Master of Catholic Studies, Franciscan University, Steubenville, OH, 2022
- B.A. in Education: English and Art Teaching, Peru State College, Peru, NE, 1992
- Advanced Writing Certificate, University of Nebraska Omaha, Omaha, NE, 2015
- Specialist Diploma: Architectural Imaging, Metropolitan Community College, Omaha, NE, 2012
Work History: Most recently I've taught at Jesuit Academy & Boys Town National Research Hospital
What do you love about your job?
I love teaching in a Catholic school where Jesus is present in the Holy Eucharist, where we get to attend Holy Mass and where we see the face of Jesus in each unique individual. I love finding the Truth of Jesus as present in every subject I may teach.
Who is your favorite Saint or what is your favorite scripture?
St. Stephen the Martyr, St. Anthony of Padua, St. Pope John Paul II, St. Mother Teresa of Calcutta, St. Charles Borromeo -- I have many favorite Saints! One of my favorite passages: "Be still and know that I am God!" Psalms 46:11
Tell us about your family (spouse, children, grandchildren, pets, etc.):
God calls us to celebrate our families and friendships with love, and I believe my family has and continues to bring me an abundance of joy and positivity! My family ranges from my little one-year-old niece, Addy, up to my mom at age 81 and many, many in between! I love them all and love spending holidays or any days with them! I thank them all & God bless them! One dog and not sure how many cats (down at the farm)!
When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
An Art Teacher
What is your favorite sweet treat?
Just one? Today it's Lemon Meringue Pie!
Do you have any hidden talents or hobbies?
Photography & Drawing House Plans
What’s your favorite thing to do on the weekends?
Attend Holy Mass with family and friends and then eat!
What piece of advice would you give parents to help their child(ren) succeed at St. Stephen?
Stay focused on Jesus and each other! Pray together every day! God bless!